Lights on Veterans is a project to recognize veterans throughout Long Island here in Patchogue. Part of the proceeds from this program will go to support veteran organizations and veterans’ issues here in the Patchogue area.
If you are interested in honoring a Veteran through this program, follow the following instructions on filling out the form.
- Choice from the MAP on the back of the form where you would like to place your stone. Since places will fill up, you have three choices where you would like your stone to be.
- If the spaces you have picked are taken you can either let us choose a space for you, or if you don’t want us to pick a place for you, we can call you and let you know what places are still available.
- Choose which programs you would like to support, either the VFW, American Legion or AMvets. If you don’t want to support any of these organizations the funds will go into the veteran’s fund, which will pay for the upkeep of the stones, and veteran programs in the Village of Patchogue.
- Add the name of the Veteran you want to honor. (Please note there are only 22 characters including spaces and symbols)
- Add Rank and Branch of Service, (Please note there are only 22 characters including spaces and symbols)
- Additional Information (This is an extra 20.00 per line, up to 2 lines) you can add medals (i.e. Purple Heart), Operations (i.e. Vietnam) Special Training (i.e. Rangers, Airborne) (Please note there are only 22 characters including spaces and symbols)
- Let us know who is dedicating the stone, you can place your name or something like “The Smith Family”
- Your contact information
- Payment. Please makes checks out to Greater Patchogue Foundation, Inc. and mail along with form to or drop off at 15 North Ocean Avenue, Patchogue, NY 11772.
- In order to ensure that the information is correct and that the person being HONORED is indeed a veteran please attach either a DD-214, Discharge Papers or any other papers you may have showing that the person you are honoring did serve in one or more branches of service. This is important, not only to verify that the person being honored served, but also to ensure the information about their service is correct. If you cannot find the paperwork, contact Dave Rogers for assistance.
Once your stone is placed you will be contacted, so you can come out for an unveiling of the stone.
If you have any questions about the program please contact Dave Rogers, Senior Vice Commander for VFW Post 2913, at 631.838.8944 or at email@example.com.